Eligibility & Requirements
Eligibility: Must be a first-year (first-time or transfer) student in good academic, honor, and judicial standing throughout the entirety of the program, starting with the application process.
By submitting an application, you will be agreeing to the following commitments and attendance requirements if selected for the program.
- Attend every weekly meeting (Wednesdays 7:00-8:30 P.M. via Zoom)
- Attend Mentor events (Mondays 8:30-9:30 P.M about once a month)
- Participate in weekly Mentor pairings, a time for conversation and bonding with FLEX Mentors (dates and times based on availability)
- Attend Fall and Spring Retreats (Fall Retreat – September 27, Spring Retreat – TBA)
- Stay dedicated to the program and fellow FLEXers throughout the entire year
- Participate in SGA-sponsored events (more details to follow)
- Meet 1:1 with Director or Assistant Director of FLEX each semester
*PLEASE NOTE: All FLEX meetings and events will be facilitated virtually for the Fall 2020 semester, according to federal, state, local, and university guidelines regarding COVID-19. This will be reevaluated for the Spring 2021 semester.
Application and Selection Process Timeline
- Wednesday, September 9, 2020: Applications due
- Friday, September 11, 2020: Group interview notifications
- Monday, September 14, 2020 – Thursday, September 17, 2020: Group interviews Friday, September 18, 2020: Final application status notifications
- Wednesday, September 23, 2020: First meeting